Whether you are interested in hand lettering basics or need more concentrated critique and ideas for developing your skill, private lessons can meet your needs Learn in a one-on-one setting that is personalized to your specific interests and skill level. During our hour together, I give you specific principles and information that will help you to develop confidence in your lettering and aim to foster your individual creative style. I provide all the materials you need at your first lesson.
Some of the topics covered in private lessons are:
- What is hand lettering?
- Important elements of handlettering
- Elements of type
- Creating consistency in your lettering through guidelines and grids
- Calligraphy basics
- Brush lettering or chalk lettering
How it works:
- You purchase the number of lessons that is right for you - you can purchase a lesson at a time a few at a time, it's up to you. *Please read the section to the right titled Location to make sure that we are live in the same area.
- Once I receive the receipt of your purchase, I will reach out to you via email to coordinate a place and time for your lesson. We can meet in the comfort of your home or in a public place - whatever suits you best. I will also be asking you about your skill level and specific interests so that I can tailor our first lesson to your wants.
- At our first lesson, I will bring everything you need including a basic hand lettering toolkit and worksheets for our practice together. Every lesson ends with some recommended next steps (aka homework) and you can let me know if you'd like to schedule another one.
- Practice Sheets
- Basic lettering toolkit
- One hour of guided practice instruction that is informed by your skill level and interests.
Kind words from one of my students: "Josie is such a talented artist and her personality just sparkles. I just love having her help me improve my skills in creative lettering. I look forward to each lesson as she makes it so much fun❤️" - Christy